Cases like these can be hard to pursue since most of the trucks driven by the drivers are not owned by the company themselves so they will do everything in their power to deny liability. That is why you need an experienced and skilled attorney at your side so that you have a successful claim.
You deserve and should pursue a case against the package delivery truck driver and company. You also deserve the best legal representation and an attorney that can take on big corporations like these.
If you or a loved one were involved in a package delivery truck accident, Joe I. Zaid & Associates are available to offer legal support and guidance through this challenging time. The driver, company, or both may be responsible for your injuries and financial recovery.
Why You Need an Attorney
If you or a loved one were a victim of a package delivery truck accident, you need an experienced attorney at your side to ensure you recover the compensation you deserve. The companies that hire these drivers and their insurance companies are not looking out for you and only want to pay as little as possible or deny your claim altogether.
Our attorneys will work directly with these companies so that you get the best settlement possible. If they cannot come to an agreement, we will go to trial and fight them. Our attorneys are experienced and well versed in court, we will do what it takes to get the justice you deserve.
- We are well versed in package delivery truck accident cases
- We are compassionate towards our clients
- We understand the trauma you are experiencing
- We are committed to helping accident victims
We offer a free consultation and no out of pocket expenses. We only get paid once we win your case. Call us today at (281) 990-5200 to schedule a free consultation today.
How Our Attorneys Can Help
Joe I. Zaid & Associates, will fight for you and pursue your right to receive compensation for all your damages. We use our understanding of complex legal laws, our compassion, dedication, and our expert skills to gather all the evidence to build your case.
- Obtain CCTV footage, witness statements, and photos
- Get the police report and medical records
- Determine whether the driver or company was negligent
- Check to see if the truck complied with state and federal guidelines
- Review the driver’s logbooks, insurance coverage, and truck maintenance records
- Request a drug and alcohol test results to determine if it caused your accident
This is just an overview of what our attorneys can do to build your case to maximize your compensation. Call us now if you would like to learn more about what our attorneys can do you.
Types of Delivery Trucks & Common Carriers
Delivery trucks are typically smaller than semi-trucks but can still weigh up to 26,000 pounds. The types of trucks used for package delivery include:
- Customized vehicles
- Large vans
- Box trucks
- Flatbed trucks
The common carriers in the United States are:
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
United Parcel Service (UPS) is the largest shipping company in North America and FedEx is the second largest. FedEx trucks have a black box recorder that can be useful information to build a case.
These black-box devices record information that includes:
- The mechanical function of the truck
- The speed the driver was going
- If and when the driver used their brakes
Steps To Take Following a Package Delivery Truck Accident
Report the accident
- Call the police to report the accident
- Get medical attention immediately
- Take photos and videos of the scene only if it’s safe to do so
- Get the information from the truck driver (drivers license & insurance policy)
Seek Medical Care
- DO NOT wait to go to the doctor or emergency room. The longer you wait the more difficult it will be to prove the injuries were caused by the accident.
- Follow up with your doctor. This will help to prove your damages
- Seek treatment from a neurologist, orthopedic surgeon, or a similar specialist
How To Deal With Your Claim
- DO NOT give a recorded statement
- DO NOT give a medical release to the adjuster
- BE VERY WEARY of the scheme adjusters say, “We accept responsibility”
- Contact and hire a package delivery truck accident attorney
- Collect all the facts and evidence for your case
Package delivery companies have a duty of care to hire drivers that meet the requirements and not place anyone on the road at risk. If the company potentially hires a driver that is reckless or dangerous, the company can be held liable for damages.
Drivers of these companies also have a duty of care to others on the road. They must not be negligent or drive recklessly that puts others in danger.
You can pursue a legal lawsuit against the driver, company, or both by establishing the four points of negligence:
- You were owed a duty of care
- The duty of care was breached
- The breach resulted in the accident
- The accident caused your injuries
All of these four points of negligence must be true in order to have a successful claim. If you were not injured from the accident, you will not be able to collect money to pay for your medical bills.
You also cannot collect any money if you were primarily responsible for the accident. If you are partially at fault, the settlement you recover will be greatly reduced.
Contact Our Package Delivery Truck Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one were injured by a package delivery truck, Joe I. Zaid & Associates are experienced and passionate attorneys ready to take on your case. Do not let these big companies take advantage of you, you deserve justice and we will gladly fight for yours so that you recover what you are owed.
Act now so that you can focus on getting your life back. We are available 24/7. You can also send us a message via live chat, we will be happy to answer any concerns you may have on your case.