Job Title: Personal Injury Associate Attorney
Position Summary: The Joe I. Zaid & Associates Law firm is seeking an attorney that is looking for experience handling personal injury cases. All experience will be considered. The candidate will be assigned an associate attorney to handle the firm’s motion practice, attend oral hearings, defend client depositions, take depositions of defendants, doctors and experts, and prepare pre-trial filings. The position offers competitive pay commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Handle personal injury case files from start to finish
- Evaluate potential personal injury claims and provide legal advice to prospective clients accordingly
- Draft, review, and modify claims, motions, discovery responses, demand letters, pleadings, subpoenas, and other legal documents
- Research case law and premises liability, gather insurance policies, medical expenses, medical records, and other evidence relevant to the case
- Communicate with clients, expert witnesses, insurance company adjusters, supporting witnesses, and medical providers to gather information
- Negotiate suitable agreements and settle on the clients’ behalf when appropriate
- Represent the client at hearings, trials, mediations, depositions, and litigation
- Document and update the status of all case files in the case management system
- Assists with other duties, as assigned.
Certificates and Licenses:
Bar License Required