Joe I. Zaid & Associates, Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Law Firm, whose home office is in Pasadena, Texas. We are currently experiencing growth and are seeking a Legal Assistant to join our team.
Job Title: Legal Assistant
The Legal Assistant will support staff and perform the following duties to facilitate the efficient operation of the law firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish Liability for the claimant(s).
- Set up Claims with 1st and 3rd party insurance companies.
- Follow up with Medical Facilities and Clients to ensure the client is compliant with their medical treatment for their MVA injuries.
- Assists with other duties, as assigned.
- Position is 100% On-Site
- Office Hours Monday through Friday 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma required
- 3-5 years personal injury legal assistant experience required
- Spanish Speaker preferred
The pay for this position is $35,000.00, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should submit the following via email – [email protected]:
- cover letter
- 3 professional references
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented and professional.
- Advanced understanding of office management practices.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, delegating when appropriate.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or other similar software program.
- Ability to maintain confidential records.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.